We offer crawlspace waterproofing services that provide plenty of benefits that make them a wise investment.
You wouldn’t dream of allowing the roofing on your Henrico, Virginia home to fall into disrepair, because if it did, your home wouldn’t be protected from the elements. But did you know that weather conditions can damage your home from the bottom, too? Without appropriate waterproofing under your home, there can be water and moisture intrusion that can be as damaging as a leaking roof. At Nixon Cleaning and Restoration LLC, while we offer water damage repair services, we would much rather help you avoid needing them. We offer basement and crawlspace waterproofing services that provide plenty of benefits that make them a wise investment.
- Avoid wood rot– The wood under your home supports it, so it is critical to keep it from developing wood rot. Waterproofing keeps your home safe from structural damage.
- Avoid termites– Termites love soft, wet wood and will happily invade your home if waterproofing hasn’t been done. Between the wood rot and the damage from the termites, your home could become structurally unsound quicker than you might think.
- Add value– Just as you appreciate a dry home and the benefits that come with waterproofing, so will any potential buyers.
- Provide comfort– A humid home is not nearly as comfortable, even with the HVAC system running, so waterproofing is a good idea if you want to maximize your family’s comfort.
- Protect your HVAC system– Your HVAC system has to work harder to control humidity and to both heat and cool if the insulation has been damaged, which means it will need more repairs and won’t last as long as it would otherwise.
- Energy savings– When your HVAC system is working hard, it is consuming more energy. Waterproofing will help you lower your heating and cooling bills.
If you would like to enjoy these benefits of waterproofing for yourself, reach out to us today to schedule an evaluation and get a free estimate for making your crawlspace a dry environment.